I was feeling like a crazy, too busy, always only half paying attention mom a couple of months back, so I decided we would institute mommy time. So I told the girls one afternoon that we were having mommy time and that they got to pick the activity...anything they wanted to do! They thought they had died and gone to heaven! Now, every afternoon for 30 minutes to an hour, we have mommy time. We have played games, fixed puzzles, played pretend, played with polly pockets, done crafts, and baked! It's so wonderful! I get to enjoy my kids, do all of the fun things I always wanted to do as a mom and I got rid of the nagging mommy guilt for never paying real attention to my kids except when there was a fight or a crisis. I have got some really great kids!
These were some of the mommy times...the girls loved painting and building these! They named them Oola, Ola, Eela and something else, we can't remember what the boat's name was. And they are so proud of their finished projects!
1 comment:
What an awesome mom you are! I have tried to spend quality time with my kids but if you don't set the time aside for it, so often it just doesn't happen. You have inspired me. Thanks!
Post a Comment