#1: Our Perfect Tree
Every year we have a toddler, we get a smaller tree that we put on this table. This way I get my beautiful tree that I can decorate how I please, and the best part is I don't have to worry about whether a little one is going to crawl under it and tip it over on top of himself while I'm not looking, break the ornaments, or in this case, eat the popcorn :).
Kenzie and Jenna love to decorate the tree and look forward to it every year. Grandma and Grandpa Fox give them ornaments of their own every year, so they love to look for their ornaments to put on the tree.
This year one of the favorites for the season was actually playing with the ornaments. A few did get broken in the process, but how are you supposed to tell a child not to love their toys to death? I did actually have to ban them after a while, but they had fun while it lasted!
#2: Excited Children
This year my kids asked for a trampoline from Santa. Kenzie sent a letter, and they both went and sat on Santa's lap at the mall. So Christmas morning came and expectations were high! Luckily for them they have a very kind Santa with some very willing elves (brothers) to set up this gift in the two feet of snow in our back yard! They do love it!
#3: The Christmas Mess!
I know this sounds crazy, but this is one of my absolute favorite parts of Christmas! I have actually become a little OCD in recent years about the cleanliness of my house, but this is one huge exception! I love the chaos! To me it represents part of the fun of Christmas morning. This is a picture of right before we went to bed on Christmas night...not to worry, we cleaned it up the next day.
Every year we get together at my Grandpa and Grandma Kelly's Ranch the Sunday before Christmas with my mom's whole family. It's so great to see cousins we haven't seen in ages! This year my brother Sean was home for Christmas, which is a rare treat, so we got to spend some time with him as well as the rest of my family. Also, Aaron's family lives here in town, so we got to spend quite a bit of time with them as well! It's been great! This year the big treat was going on the Polar Express. We took the train to the North Pole, sang Christmas songs (the girl's favorite) and got to talk to Santa...the kids had an absolute blast.
#5: Gingerbread Houses
This is a tradition that Aaron's family has had growing up and we have continued it because it's so much fun! This was the girls' house this year. They were proud!
#6: White Christmas
I don't always love the snow, but at Christmastime...I LOVE the snow! For some reason it just makes it seem that much more like Christmas. Plus, one more great family activity...SLEDDING!
#7: Packaging
The longer I've had kids, the more I've realized that it's not actually what's in the box that counts, but the box itself. Caleb would pull the toy out and play with the tissue paper and his favorite was crawling in and out of the boxes.
And Jenna's favorite was the bubble wrap...
#8: The Gifts
And of course, when the packaging gets put away, I get a wonderful break because the kids have all new, wonderful toys that keep them occupied all day long! Kids are happy...parents are happy...Life is Good!
And of course the football!
4 comments:
So cute--looks like Caleb has already got that football thing down!
OH MY GOSH! Could Aaron have gotten any luckier? YOU ARE AWESOME, and I am madly jealous of the snow (I'm melting down here) but it looks like you have had a BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS! Hope that Santa was also very good to you Kellienne! Love to the family!
You know, I have to agree that I love the Christmas mess also. It's funny that it's not the same as a normal messy house. You're not in any hurry to clean it up and it just shows the fun you've had. Or maybe we're all in a good mood after opening presents and we want to forget about it? :)
How are you guys? I am so glad that you had a good Christmas. I love your little friends! I can't wait for Katie to get bigger so she can appreciate things such as tutu's, doll houses, etc. How fun that they got a trampoline for Christmas. I can tell you that ours was definitely a worthy investment. We really do want to visit you one of these weekends. It will be good to come when Thomas is sleeping through the night. We are getting there. He is the sweetest little man. I am glad you are doing so good!
Post a Comment