The past few months have given us a whole new perspective on the meaning of "busy". Sleep deprivation is the new norm, and my cold sore medication has become my best friend, since that's where my stress seems to end up. Our kids are absolute champs, though! Sure, everyone's a little on edge, and we do have regular meltdowns (those are not isolated to the kids, either), but we all still like each other and we're getting pretty good at rolling with things!
THE GOOD
We have so much that is good! Honestly, we are so blessed! This house that has completely taken over our lives is so beautiful! Amazing things have happened that made us able to get this house done on schedule in spite of our own inabilities. We have amazing family and friends who have helped us out so much! I have an absolutely wonderful husband who after he gets no sleep, works at our new house for hours, goes and works his regular job (with another little side job to boot!), and then does his bishopric duties, will still come home and wrestle with our kids who absolutely crave and adore him.
THE BAD
Our bodies have truly taken a beating...and not just ours, everyone who has helped us. Between digging around the outside to fix the grade twice (because they installed the gas line and ruined all our hard work, laying flooring, and wiring electrical, all of our hands and backs are a few years older!
THE UGLY
This morning Aaron and I were laughing at our weekend and Jenna looked pretty confused and asked "Why are you laughing? It's really not funny." We then explained to her that sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from crying! The past few days, we've pretty much been living at the new house trying to get the last few odds and ends finished up before the final inspection and carpet installation on Monday. Well, guess what! On Thursday Adalyn came down with a nasty case of the stomach flu and she's been throwing up ever since! Then yesterday, Caleb came down with it! There was a neighborhood BBQ at the park last night and I figured I'd just hold Adalyn and we'd eat, then go home, but then Caleb decided to lose his dinner right there at the park in front of everyone! That was delightfully embarrassing! So then we went back to the new house to work for a few more hours and just as we were packing the kids into the car to go home...Adalyn completely lost her whole day worth of food there on the beanbag she was sleeping on. She was so tired that she just looked up at me afterwards, rolled over to the other side of the beanbag and said "that's ok, I'll just sleep on the other side"! Actually, the only reason I'm blogging right now is because I stayed home from church to take care of my little ones and they are sound asleep!
Well, moving day is on Tuesday no matter what! If we pass inspection, we can move over there, if not, we get to move all of our stuff into the new garage and be homeless for a few days! (OK, not really homeless, just sleeping where we have no beds or anything) Life is an adventure, right? Well, we are kind of excited and ready for this particular adventure to be over.
2 comments:
I love you guys! What an adventure! Hang in there and just think how sweet it will be when you have beds and puke free kids all in the house! Much love, Caitlyn
So I know it has been forever since I left a comment but I just have to say something. You rock!! Life sucks sometimes and you teach your kids to laugh at it. I love you guys.
Post a Comment