Well, both of my girls are one year older...
Jenna's birthday was actually in August, but I never posted the pictures. My baby is 4. I don't care how old she gets, my Jenna girl will always be my baby. Of course, she is just as sweet as ever...with a little 4 year old attitude! For her birthday party, she wanted a princess theme, but still wanted to invite the boys, so we had a princess and knight theme. Honestly, I had a great time with the girls planning and preparing for this party. We made princess hats for the girls, knight helmets for the boys, and a gift of a sword from her cousin Gus made the party complete when they could go kill the dragon pinata with the sword. Apparently, I've become very good at spinning a tale, because in telling the kids about the dragon in the basement who ate all of the candy, I terrified one of the little girls to tears (of course, Aaron was in the basement roaring as well)! Woops! The girls and I had many mommy times making hats, helmets and the pinata. It was fun!
I cannot believe that Kenzie is 6! How did that happen? She is almost completely toothless now as well. She just keeps getting bigger, learning new things, and becoming more and more fun! I had one of those flashing mom moments the other day with the thought of how much fun it would be to hang out with my girls and go shopping and out to girly movies as they get older...they're so much fun! For Kenzie's birthday, she wanted a girl party complete with painting toenails and all. So she invited her friends over for a pajama party (they didn't stay the night, just came in their pajamas). Her party ended up on a holiday weekend, so only 3 of her friends could come, but it was probably a good thing for my sake...Lavita was here to help, but that was still a lot of fingernails to paint. They decorated little bags to take home and of course we did a pinata. Again, it was great fun making the bags and the pinata with the girls. Everyone had a great time, particularly Kenzie. Birthdays are a huge deal around this house and I really like it!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Kenzie and Jenna! They do grow way too fast but you're doing an awesome job enjoying the journey with your mommy time. It's good reminder for me.
What amazing parties! You are so talented. The homemade details are the ones I remember from my childhood. Your kids are so blessed to have you as a mom!
Reading this made me remember how fun it was to live by you! What great parties and what a great mom you are!
Post a Comment