Wednesday, September 23, 2009

T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

Spells trouble...and defines Caleb. This kid is about the cutest thing I have ever seen...and it's a good thing because if he didn't absolutely own my heart, I know I would have thrown him out by now. I cannot turn my head without finding him in the toilet, on the counter, with a marker or various other off limits places. The other day, he was following me around the house crying, until I finally locked myself in the office so that I could hear the remainder of my phone call. I came out to find him on the counter with the two pieces of what was the cake that I had just baked. Trying to keep myself calm, I decided it was salvageable and stuck it and the other cake that he hadn't gotten to in bags and put them in the car under the seat so that he wouldn't find them (I was taking them down to Phoenix for my sister's birthday). Well, while I was packing the rest of the car, he somehow found the other cake and was discovering how squishy it was between his fingers when I found him. I was ready to go on ebay and sell him! Man I love this kid, but man does he know how to push his limits in ways I thought weren't possible!
He really enjoys his messes.

What else would this door be here for?

Energy costs? What are you talking about?
We used to have three fish...now we have one. Not to say that was all Caleb's fault, but I did find him dumping fish food into the tank and trying to get the fish. (That happened the same morning as the above mentioned cake episode.)
The other joy is that he has learned to feed himself, and does not want any help with anything any more! He's so proud of himself!
And these are the just some of the episodes that I actually got pictures of! He is non-stop!
This kid doesn't really talk, so we were trying to improve communication with him and teach him the word "yes". He caught on, but then realized that we wanted him to say yes, so now all he says is "no"...for everying. How on earth am I supposed to know what he wants now?

5 comments:

Megs said...

I feel your pain!

Camille said...

What a handful! It's so frustrating when you want to get mad but there's that cute face in the way! I'll be waiting for more exciting stories about Caleb. :)

Jamie Sue said...

Awww, he's such a cutie!

Connie said...

Oh how cute! How old is he? He sounds just like my 17 month old. Trying to get things done with him around is like taking one step forward and three steps back.

Sharon and Spencer said...

Kellianne, I know what you're going through! Danielle drives me crazy with all the messes and things she gets into. And that's awesome that your kids knee boarded and ski'd. We just took our kids snorkeling in the ocean and they hated every minute of it, but it's good to make them do unpleasant things! haha