Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adalyn Rae Fox

Here's the pics of our newest cutie!
Her brothers and sisters adore her, almost to death. (literally in Caleb's case)
Her name is Adalyn Rae Fox. She was born August 26th at 1:37 a.m. She weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.
She mostly looks like Jenna, but has hands and feet like none we've seen in this family...very long and skinny.
And for those who want the gory details, we got to the hospital at about 11 p.m., but I was only dilated to a 3, so they told me to take a walk. As soon as I started walking, the contractions started coming 2 minutes apart and very hard. So we went back and I was dilated to a 4 and they admitted me. I kept telling the nurse that I go really fast, and really wanted an epidural, but she was frustratingly slow about everything. By the time she called the anesthesiologist, I was dying and he was tied up in trauma. By the time the on call guy got there, I was dilated to an 8 1/2 and going fast. He gave me a spinal block, which was a huge relief, but again, like with Caleb, no time for an actual epidural. But after the spinal block, I was able to smile again and was overjoyed when the whole thing was over.
Adalyn is the best baby. Very happy and content and sleeps like a champ!

19 comments:

Kira said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you guys!

Kira said...

P.S. I just realized that we have had all these Fox side baby girls this year...and all their names start with A!

Megs said...

Adalyn! I love her name. Congratulations

Mandi said...

She is beautiful and I love her name! That was one of the names I was thinking of before we named Lizzie. Congratulations, and I am so very glad that is over for you. I felt pained as I was reading the gory details.

natalieandderyk said...

Congrats!! Sorry you didn't get your epidural...sounds a lot like an Army hospital story. ;-)

rachbug said...

Congrats!! She is so cute!!! I'm glad she is a good baby. That's is such a help to a mom of many young children.

J Fox said...

Yay, thanks for the pictures! Soo cute, congrats!

Nicole Gómez said...

Congratulations for the beautiful girl that you had!
i will love to be there and hold here! I love you and mss you all
Nicole Gomez

Brent & Dana said...

What a cutie! I can not wait to meet her!!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie, just like your others. I'm glad things went well.

The Morriss Family said...

How fun! She is so sweet! Glad you could get some kind of happy medicine. Those epidurals can be so frustrating. Don't they know they need to have a doctor assigned just to the maternity ward?! Congratulations!!

the dahle family said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! Looks like you have lots of happy helpers there.

caitlynrose said...

WOO HOO! Congratulations! The pregnancy is over... of course, now its the whole jugling infant and Caleb and sisters, but totally doable for a superwoman like you. You're a rock star and your kids are ALL gorgeous! CONGRATULATIONS and love to the family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kellianne! She is adorable. I am so happy for you and your growing family!

Lark said...

Congrats Kellianne! She is beautiful. And congrats to Aaron on the new calling...he will do a great job.

Melissa said...

Both baby and mom are beautiful! I've been thinking about you a lot lately, and I miss you! Congrats on all the exciting changes that are going on in your life! Any chance you guys will be coming to General Conference weekend this fall? Take care, my friend!

Sparks Fam said...

congrats on baby #4! wow! she is beautiful, just like the rest of those kiddos :)

*Amy * said...

Hi! Found you through Jenny Witt's blog. Just wanted to say hi and that I am going to add you guys to my blog list if you don't care! Adalyn is so, so cute!
Amy Richardson

Brooke Jones said...

Congratulations! I am Aaron's cousin Clayton's wife Brooke. I just found your blog. I thought I'd let you know that our son Andrew was born with very long and skinny hands and feet. He and Adalyn would be 2nd cousins - so maybe it does run in the family :)