OK, so I know that every mom has these days, but for me today was a doozy. Of course the precurser to my story starts out: not enough sleep, diaper blowout #3 at the store, an almost 3 year old who thinks that anything I say is a mere suggestion and really he needs to do exactly what he wants, one child with an ear infection that still hasn't gone away and the school nurse getting on my case because I haven't taken her to the doctor yet....and...and...and...
So, after my older girls get back from school, Kenzie was swinging her backpack around and accidentally caught Adalyn in the face with her shoulder strap. Of course I stood up, shocked and stated the absolutely obvious: "Kenzie, you hit your baby sister!" And then with all of the heightened emotions around the Fox household (girls + sick + not enough sleep = lots of tears), Kenzie breaks into hysterical sobbing. So now Adalyn's screaming, Kenzie's sobbing, and Jenna is sweetly doing a lively interpretive dance to try and cheer up the baby. When suddenly, she stops, and with a confused look on her face asks: "Mommy, why are there drops on your cheeks?" Hmmm, I don't know.
A few minutes later, with everyone calmed down (except for the mom, what's her problem?), I decide I should probably come up with an idea for dinner since it's 5:45. Frustrated about the whole day, but deciding that crying or yelling profanities (both things that I want to do at the moment) are probably the wrong course of action, and being a musical composition genius, I start singing... "What do you do when you don't know what to do?" Kenzie turns to me and smiles sweetly and says "I know, you pray!" Mom, put in her place.
And by the way, dinner was Hot Pockets.
4 comments:
This and the previous Caleb post are some of my favorite ever! Great little stories. Adorable kids.
I am really sorry that you had "One of those days!" You are like the perfect mom! I have to admit it made me feel a little better to know that you have those days too! Love the pictures of the kids!
Oh Kellianne - why are we not neighbors? I really, really, really want to see Jenna's interpretive dance. :) Gave me a laugh. Such cute kiddos!
Motherhood is the hardest job ever. How did our Mom's have so many kiddos and make it look easy, and always have yummy dinner waiting. Your family is adorable and I love all your kids names. You look just the same and cute!
Post a Comment