Saturday, December 10, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

In our family it's the tradition to put up the tree and decorate for Christmas the day we get back from Thanksgiving, so this year was no different.  As always, the kids had a fabulous time decorating the tree and mom got to do a little "rearranging" after they went to bed so that there was more that 2 square feet of the tree that was decorated.  Bringing out the nativities is always the most looked forward to part and let me tell you those nativities get a lot of use out of them.  Who needs toys when you've got nativity characters?
Let the fun begin!
Can I tell you...shatterproof ornaments are the best thing ever!  Finally someone got smart!
Not a forced smile for the picture...
No, we don't always dress up to decorate our tree, this just happened to be right after we got home from church Sunday evening.
I really do love to decorate for Christmas, but these kids have caught my fever, plus some.  They were so excited!
Merry Christmas!
And of course, sitting on Santa's lap.  This is the first time one of my kids hasn't been terrified of Santa at this age!
She wants the Wizard of Oz movie.
He wants a Lightning McQueen watch.
And she wants a giant pink diamond!
       

3 comments:

caitlynrose said...

GORGEOUS TREE! hope that you had a great Christmas!

Ironygirl said...

What fun pictures! I dunno, maybe dressing up is the way to go! ;)

Heather K said...

Can I just say you have the cutest kids! For reals they are all adorable and beautiful. Your post about baptism was so sweet and I can't wait for my oldest in April gets baptized. Your family is all grown up. PS your babysitting sounded like a circus! You are too nice!