Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Our little escape artist!

So, summed up, we sold our house, packed the entire house to move in the next 3 weeks, were unable to find a decent, reasonable, available rental, so we stuck our entire household into a storage unit and moved in with Aaron's parents for 3 weeks (It was kind of like a vacation...every bit as enjoyable and exhausting as one). We had 3 nephews and a niece stay with us for a week of that time, which was also fun but exhausting. Then we moved again, two days later had some friends come stay with us for a few days, were here for four more days, then we went on vacation for ten days.  We got back three days ago and wow! I feel like I've been through a hurricane and lived to tell the tale! And that would be the last month and a half in a nutshell!


 To add to our excitement, Adalyn decided it would be a good time to learn how to climb out of her crib and take off her own clothes...all of them!  So, we are back to holding the door closed after we put her to bed at night and yes, I have resorted to duct tape in order to keep at least the diaper on.
Here's the little escapee after the first time she got out...very proud of herself!  We started laughing when we saw her so she was pretty surprised and none to happy when I put her back in bed!
And this was either a well placed punch from her brother...or what it actually is...a toddler who got a hold of a purple marker and made good use of it.  I guess insanely exploratory (I didn't say wild) children is what I get for marrying Aaron!
But seriously...who could resist!
And believe me...she knows how cute she is!  For all the trouble she causes, most of the time I just want to squeeze her! (In a good way)

1 comment:

J Fox said...

She is a cutie. The crib escaping is one thing I haven't had to deal with, I'm surprised with monkey Alise. But trying to move her into a big bed I get the feeling! We were sad to miss out on colorado and some of the craziness with you too. hope you're settling in nicely now.