I made the mistake of telling Caleb that his birthday was after Christmas...so in his very literal child mind, that meant that we should start making plans and baking the cake the day after Christmas, right? So, after I had to tell him that the New Year's party was not for him and that we would not make his cake today (for the 12th time), we FINALLY celebrated Caleb's birthday. And despite my lack of enthusiasm in the beginning, it turned out really fun. At least Caleb thought so, and that is really all that matters.
As you can tell, Superman was the theme. I love Superman, so I was all for that and Caleb even found a friend that let him borrow a superman costume for the event!
Caleb is my little man. He is the guy in charge...in fact his favorite thing to tell me right now is "I get whatever I want!". He usually tells me that as I'm telling him "no", he can't have something, but I haven't quite convinced him that it's not true. He is the sweetest kid, though and usually he does get what he wants because he knows that if he does good things, he gets good things. He's a great little helper whether it's with me in the kitchen or Aaron in the garage...he loves to help! He's also my little snuggle bug right now. His favorite things are playing superhero with whoever he can get to play with him (usually Adalyn), helping mom and dad, drawing and playing with legos.
My little boy is growing up!

2 comments:
WOW, time just flies by! Hey - do you guys have your summer all locked down ahead of time or is there a bit of flex? Might be around Utah this July (heavy on the MIGHT) and wondered if we might be able to connect if I do get that far?
We're finishing building a house this summer, then moving in, so we've left our summer pretty flexible. Definitely give us a call if you are going to be that close...it would be amazing to see you again!
Post a Comment