Monday, February 11, 2013

Adalyn

 Guess what!! I don't have to buy any more diapers! I dragged my feet on the whole potty training thing because to be quite honest...I hate it.  I cannot think of a single good word to describe the experience of potty training...mostly it just makes me want to say bad words.
However, when my 2 1/2 year old started taking off her poopy diaper and dragging whatever was in it around the house until she could find someone to tell about it, I knew I had to make a decision...potty training or duct taping the diaper on.  Believe me a day or two into the process, the duct tape was sounding like the much better option. 
But I finally won her over with lots of candy, many Dora gift bribes, a few cold showers and some tears (mostly mine).  And now we're done with diapers...Hooray!
So if you run into this little girl, she will probably tell you "I go pee in the toilet! I did it!"  (She tells basically everyone she sees)
Or she might tell you "I det a hairtut!", which is a little less awkward when it's a stranger.  She also moved to the bottom bunk Caleb's bunk bed, which she's pretty proud of.
And at the end of the day, no matter the poop you've had to clean up or the tantrums or the drama, how could you not want to just hold this little darling forever? I know I do.


1 comment:

J Fox said...

Go Adalyn, she's so cute. Love the haircut...and that just might be the end of potty training for you! I'm jealous!