Thursday, August 21, 2008

celebrations and soccer

Jenna had her third birthday last weekend and it was just one big party! We asked her the week before if she wanted to invite any friends and two or three times, she adamantly told us "no, only grandma and grandpa!". So, I thought that was pretty easy, we invited just family over for Sunday dinner (it was Robyn's birthday too, so it was a double birthday dinner). Then all of a sudden on Friday morning, she started talking animatedly about how all of her friends were coming over for her party and bringing presents to make her "much happy"! So, typical two year old, she had completely switched gears on me. So I called up a few of her little friends and threw together an impromptu birthday party. Everyone had a great time and since chocolate cake was her only other request, and three year olds are not hard to please, it was pretty easy for me too. Then Paul and Robyn brought over a pinata on Sunday and it was seriously a party all weekend long. And we finally did convince her that she really is three now.



This was Kenzie's first summer playing soccer and she has had so much fun. They called and asked me at the beginning of the season if I would be the coach and since I've never even seen a soccer game played, Aaron ended up the coach...and yes, he blames me. She has made a few goals and every time, she stops, looks at me and smiles from ear to ear. It's the highlight of her day. I think she inherited her speed and agility from her dad. Unfortunately, she's my daughter too, so she does end up on the ground quite a bit too...poor girl. She has a great time and we've had a great time watching her play.



It has been a month of firsts for Caleb. He started crawling, got his first tooth, first ear infection (hopefully last), and now he's started pulling himself up on things. Poor kid ends up falling most of the time because he doesn't realize still what happens when he lets go. And...he's just learned how to climb stairs...joy of my life! I hope he lives to see his first birthday. He's also my spitter. This kid can projectile vomit and does so very regularly. Yesterday I had to completely change him and me twice after he lost his whole meal all over us! Hence the bath.



No comments: