The unusual and exciting first...
Aaron and I got to leave the kids with Grandma and Grandpa Fox for 5 days and go to Nauvoo! We went with my parents and we had a wonderful time. The weather while we were there was absolutely beautiful. Aaron's uncle is the mission president there and he has a great aunt and uncle on their mission there. It was so fun to see them. Those couple missionaries there have twice the energy of most people half their age! They were amazing. We went and saw their little play presentation at night and were about doubled over. And of course we went to the Nauvoo temple which was incredible. We spent 3 days in Nauvoo visiting church history sites and our last day in Springfield to see the President Lincoln sites. The history was fascinating. I am itching to take some history classes now! I would definitely recommend both places to anyone.
I came back totally renewed physically, mentally, and spiritually...and was welcomed home by three sick kids, two of which got ear infections, Caleb broke a tooth and stopped sleeping through the night because of it all...within 4 days of getting back. You know, I could sure use some sleep at this point!
On the exciting, but more every day note...
Kenzie started preschool last month, and so two days a week for a few hours, I only have two, so I try to do all of my errands during that time. Still, it's not uncommon for me to pack up all three kids and head to the grocery store. I get more looks of amazement and pity than I'd ever imagined. You know, it's not so bad, but I do relish the times when I can stop and look at something in the store without losing a child, or go to the bathroom without having to figure out the logistics of it first. The joys!
The circus came to Flagstaff a few weeks ago, so we decided the kids would have fun there and we should take them. Well, Kenzie and Jenna loved the acrobatics (they were pretty cool) and the performing animals, but at half way point, both decided it was cold, they were tired and ready to go home. So we went and looked at the elephants and headed home. So, when we ask them about the circus, what's the part they remember? "The elephants were really stinky"
3 comments:
Nauvoo sounds wonderful. Casey's Grandma returned from her mission there at the beginning of this year. She LOVED it!
I love your comment about figuring out the logistics of going to the bathroom while out and about with all 3 kids--it's so true. I never thought having 3 kids was that big of a deal (boy, was I wrong, it's HARD WORK), but when I'm out with my crew, I always here, "You have your hands full!" I swear if I had a nickel for everytime I heard that, I'd be so rich, it's not even funny. I'm sure you get the same thing.
And I've wanted to ask you, how do you like flagstaff? We went camping near Williams this summer, and as we drove through Flagstaff, Casey was like, "how come you never told me about this place?" He (well, I guess I should say we) loved it there and thought it was so beautiful. So, I'd like to know, what is it like actually living there?
your kids are so cute. jenna looks so much like you.
i think you should answer jamie sue's last question on your blog. with lots of pictures. and i don't know what the deal is: i tried to enlarge your pictures and it wouldn't work.
Sounds like fun! I am glad you are blogging too!!
Post a Comment