Monday, January 4, 2010

Letters to Santa

I'm very behind posting, but I just couldn't skip over the letters to Santa. This was one of the highlights of our Christmas season this year. We have a good friend who works at the Daily Sun (Flagstaff paper) and she told us they were publishing letters to Santa in the paper and to make sure our kids got theirs in to her. The kids got really excited about it and wrote the cutest letters.
Well then about a week later, the girls each got a letter in return from Santa. They were each individual and told them what good girls they were and how he was going to find them something great for Christmas. Kenzie's face when we read her the part about how Santa loves her grandpa's chocolate chip cookies was absolutely priceless! I think that letter extended the belief period for a couple more years. Thanks Helen!

We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday season. As always, we were a little busier than we like to be, but we really were able to enjoy the season. We were able to spend one fabulous and relaxing week with my family before Christmas. We got to see all of my siblings during one part or another, which is rare. We went out to my grandparents ranch and got to see a lot of my aunts & uncles & cousins. I had a great time and the kids thought they had gone to heaven. They just played and played with all of their cousins. We came back for Christmas here and were able to relax and enjoy doing almost nothing. The kids actually slept until 7 am Christmas morning, for which I was very grateful. We did a little sledding, a lot of toy playing, we got to talk to Aaron's sister Carrie who is on a mission for our church. This was also the first year the kids really got into the nativity story. We went to Aaron's family's house and did it with the aunts & uncles & cousins. They had a blast! In fact, I've really learned that acting it out is the best way to make all scripture stories a lot of fun!


We decorated gingerbread houses with my family and with Aaron's family this year. If Kenzie had had her way, she would have done it 5 more times.

Sledding is always a huge part of the holiday season. These pics are when we went for FHE night sledding.

We went fishing out at grandpa Kelly's pond. Again, one of our favorite things to do. Here's all the cousins showing off Kenzie's catch.
And here's Jenna's catch...much smaller, but no less exciting!
And here's uncle Brent, tormenting the kids...they love it.

The girls' sleepover at grandma & grandpa Trejo's.
Looking at the Mesa Temple lights. We went with my family the day before Christmas Eve.
Like I said, the kids really got into acting out the nativity. It was awesome! Here's the shepherds...
...and Mary and Joseph with the donkey...
...and here's the whole Fox cast, yes I even got to be in it as one of the wise men, I know, you've never seen better costumes...we found them ourselves.
And here's me tormenting my children and making them wait just one more minute before going to open their gifts.
What a wonderful season!

1 comment:

caitlynrose said...

GORGEOUS! Happy New Year to you guys! Kellianne, how do you just keep getting prettier? The rest of us are aging woman - come on, share the secrets!