I know as a mom, you come to expect these moments, but this one was a doozy! I was wanting to make a pinata for Kenzie's birthday party and had about a half an hour before I needed to pick up the kids from school, so I decided I could at least get a start on it. So, I blew up the balloon which Caleb immediately started playing with and I went and put some flour and water in a mixing bowl.
And then it happened!
Young child popping balloon in the air
+
Mom carrying bowl containing very messy mixture
=
WOW!
WOW!
He popped the balloon right up into the bottom of my bowl.
It was in my hair, on my face, all down my shirt, and of course in a big mess on the floor.
My first reaction: "Caleb! I am so mad!"
After looking at myself...wow, unsalvageable
Then I looked over at my little boy and saw him squatting in front of the fridge looking just about as dejected as can be and I just had to walk over to him and give him a huge squeeze and a kiss. This little boy is trouble, but so well intended, and completely irresistible!
And we did finish the pinata!
No comments:
Post a Comment