We went to conference this year in Salt Lake and although it's always a whirlwind of a weekend with a lot of driving...somehow it's always worth it and it's so fun!
I'm really lacking on pictures of this trip, so I'll just throw in what I have. We started out the weekend by going to the temple on Friday morning with Aaron's brother Kevin who was going through for the first time...very cool. Our friends the Platts watched our kids while we went and we got to hang out with them during the afternoon. Aaron actually watched all of the kids for a while so that Melissa and I could go to lunch...a rare treat...long lunch, delicious food, great company, and no kids!
After that we met the family in Provo and Aaron went to the BYU Football game which happened to be a great comeback victory for BYU...a little bonus!
The kids and I drove back to the hotel and got a little swimming in before bed.
Saturday afternoon, Aaron and I got some tickets to conference and we really love that experience of being there. My favorite part is the singing. Watching it just doesn't do justice to how incredible it is singing with 25,000 people about your believe in Christ!
Saturday night after conference we had a big birthday party for Susan who turned 60 while we were there!
And Sunday we listened to the morning session both in the Tabernacle and on the temple grounds just outside. It was really cool to take the kids and feel the spirit there.
| The kids loved the light rail that we rode to Temple Square. |
| Here's Jenna and Holli. It was great to see Jeff & Jocelyn and fam while we were there. |
And then we packed up and drove home Sunday afternoon...like I said, crazy whirlwind weekend, but so worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment