Well, my baby boy turned 4. This little guy is my buddy! Truth be told, that whole 2 year old phase nearly did me in, but he has turned into one of the coolest, cutest, most fun kids I know. (I am kind of a softy for my kids at this age. I can remember feeling a lot of tenderness toward my other two at the same age) Caleb can be counted on to make anyone around him smile. With his little serious adult way of talking about things that he knows nothing about (with his little nose wrinkling up on one side when he's really trying to convince you of something). He wants to help with everything! And most of the time he can be a big help. He loves fixing things and making things. He loves everything to do with bugs and cars. He is definitely all boy! And yet, he has no qualms about playing with his sisters La La Loopsies and ponies, just so long as someone wants to play with him. I really do have so much fun with this little guy. We've spent hours on end putting together Lego projects together...I don't think he will ever get tired of it. I was a little concerned about him not wanting to learn anything academically. (It took me a good year and a half to finally solidify the colors) Come to find out, I had absolutely no need for concern because when this kid wants to learn something...he does! He became fascinated by letters and within two weeks he learned what all of them were, what sounds they made, how to write them all, and how to spell his name and other easy words! I love it when my kids bypass me and just learn things on their own! It makes my job so much easier!
I really should record more of the outrageous things that this kids says, but I haven't. He is particularly loves to tell people about his manhood. I have a friend who was changing her newborn baby boy's diaper at our house one day and Caleb came over and looking amazed he said "He haves a peepee! And I have a peepee! Look!" And at that point he of course proceeded to show my friend his "peepee". Numerous times I've had to remind him of the appropriate places to urinate and had to tell him that it was not ok to pee on the church parking lot, or on the wood chips at the park! One day I tried to teach him about privacy and a few days later he informed my sister-in-law that his "peepee is a secret". I shouldn't get quite this much of a kick out of it, but OH I do!
Here's some pics of his birthday party. He is obsessed with Pixar Cars...and I do mean obsessed, but we have fun with it!
| Like I said, he loves everything Cars! He found the hat he's wearing at Goodwill for like 2 bucks, so of course I bought it for him. It's pretty much become a permanent part of his attire. |
| We had a little obstacle course with the box car and a Lightning McQueen pinata. It was good quality mom/Caleb time making them. |
| And of course he got more cars to add to his collection! |
1 comment:
Hello Kellianne! It was so fun to catch up with your cute family! Can I just day that Caleb and Thomas sound like two peas in a pod. Oh, my little Thomas is the most wonderful little boy, but man oh man does he give me a run for my money! I have high hopes though that like you, 4 will be the magic number. Thomas will be 4 in Dec. Also, Adalyn sounds a lot like my little Lizzie girl. She gets into everything, climbs on everything and has quite the sassitude when she wants to, but she is so much fun! We sure miss you guys. Hello from the Soter's!
Post a Comment