So it happened. I turned 30. Now I'm not one that thought my life was going to be over at thirty, but apparently, everyone else did. I got more "are you ok with this?" and "how does it feel?" than I ever imagined! Honestly, my 20's were so full of good and wonderful things, that I feel like I've earned that 30! It's just a great life!
I had a wonderful birthday. We were planning on spending it at Disneyland, but Aaron's grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary that weekend, so we felt like that should take precedence over Disneyland (dang it!). So we spent a couple of days with my family after the anniversary party (which was very fun), and a very quiet birthday here. Aaron and the kids took me out to breakfast and then we had a little party that evening with friends and family. It was awesome!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY: Kenzie was so extremely excited that it was my birthday (she and Jenna both were) and she was all day making excited comments: "mommy, I'm so excited that you're turning 30!", "mommy, I'm so excited that you're getting so old!", and my all time favorite, "mommy, you're looking so old today!". Thank you Kenzie for that very genuine compliment! :)
4 comments:
Too funny! Birch said Aaron must have taught them what to say on your birthday. I'm glad you have so many great memories of your 20's, it makes 30 seem more like a celebration.
Oh My! Could you guys look any more gorgeous?! Glad to hear that your birthday was something special! Me, I only freaked out for 25... THAT one was weird- the rest have been good fun. And 25 I went rafting, so that was pretty great too... But 30, man - that was ages ago! You're so YOUNG! And you look SO young! Take care and HAPPY BELATED!
Welcome to the ripe old age of 30! It's funny that as kids being old is a compliment but as we age it's the reverse. What a great picture of you with your girls, you all look great!
I love you! Thanks for making me smile! I wish I lived around you so you could rub off on me a little bit! :D Happy 30's to you!!
Post a Comment