Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Here she is! She was so excited the night before...she was making her lunch, cleaning her room, laying out her clothes, and talking non-stop about what did I think she was going to do and how excited she was and that she needed to go to bed so she wouldn't be tired! Wow! If only every bedtime was that much of a joy! She has been loving school and comes home every day full of things to tell me! Her favorite part is the learning lab which is a separate classroom for the arts and creativity. She loves eating lunch away from home (such a novelty!) and of course, recess. Her teacher, Ms. Andersson is fabulous and I can't think of anyone I'd rather be sending her to each day. She's wonderful and Kenzie loves her. Kenzie's been riding the bus home the past few days and loves that too, so we might start having her ride it to school as well!
She has been a little overstimulated and pretty tired (probably from waking up at 6:00 every morning excited out of her mind...I'm so glad...but 6:00?). For the first week she would tell me every night at dinner "mommy, I really wanted to hang out with you longer today". Talk about breaking my heart! So, Jenna, Caleb and I picked her up early on Wednesday and we just went and hung out. We went and got ice cream and went to the book store and then came home and went on a bike ride and watched a movie. It was fun and I think it was good for her too. I think all day Kindergarten is a lot for a 5 year old and I'm kind of sad it's all they offer. So, for a while, I think I'll let her go all day 3 days a week and pick her up early on two (Friday's half day anyway).
All in all, it's been good. Jenna misses her something awful, but does enjoy being the big girl who gets to play computer games by herself (you know, starfall, PBS Kids...hey, they think they're pretty cool!) She does beg for a playdate almost every day, but she'll be starting preschool next week, so she'll have something too. And Caleb as always, doesn't let me get a thing done, so I'm down one, but still accomplishing nothing! Life is good!

If you look close, you can see that she lost her top tooth...4 days before school started.

6 comments:

Lark said...

Sweet Kenzie. I wish she and Afton were going to kindergarten together...wouldn't that be fun!

Camille said...

Full day kindergarten is a lot! I love that she wanted to spend more time with you.

The Morriss Family said...

That is so cool that she loves school. I knew she would adjust well. How is Mommy adjusting? Can't believe she is already in kindergarten! I remember when you were pregnant with her. Crazy how time flies!

Brittanie said...

I can't believe we have kids in Kindergarten! =) She sure looks cute!

Judy/Mom said...

It seems like we just came to your wedding--- and Kenzie is already in school. How time flies! I love your blog. Thanks. Aunt Judy

Rae said...

It is so fun that all our girls are going through the same thing. She looks so cute. Lila has been hoping she would lose a tooth for some time now. She thinks it means your older and cooler maybe. Who knows. Oh an and you will do so well in primary. The kids are going to love you for sure. You have the perfect personality for it. (Thats a good thing)