Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A couple of firsts

So, on Friday, we had our typical morning...you know, rushing around trying to get lunches made, kids dressed, breakfast eaten, and get to the bus on time.  Generally, it all went pretty well...we made it to the bus, and there weren't any tears during the process.  Well, as we were walking home from the bus stop, I noticed a police officer drive around the cul-de-sac and as I walked up to my door, he pulled up and stopped in front of my house and got out of the car.  As he got out, I thought "he's here to talk to me!".  And I was right!  He walked up and told me that they had gotten a 911 hang-up call from our address and asked if we were the only ones home.  Apparently one of my little angels got to the phone during the course of the morning and dialed a lucky number...definitely a first for us!
Today, I had a friend over for lunch, so I made something a little fancier than the typical lunch.  We had really yummy chicken sandwiches with broiled zucchini...so yummy!  Well, I stuck the bread in the oven on broil to toast it a bit before I put the stuff on it.  While I was waiting, I was enjoying talking to my friend when...yes, you know what comes next...the fire alarm went off.  I knew exactly what had happened (not that I've ever done that before) and went to get the bread out of the oven. Well, when I opened the door, I was surprised to see that half of the rolls were actually flaming!  That would be the first time that I've actually started my meal on fire!  Lovely!

3 comments:

The Morriss Family said...

Oh wow! You didn't tell me that! And that lunch was FANTASTIC!!! The fire was for entertainment sake, that's all. :) Makayla said to Jeremy last night at dinner, "Dad, we went to Mommy's friend's house and she made a really yummy sandwich. I ate mine all gone because it was so good." Guess I should have paid more attention to what you put in it so I can duplicate it! Loved, loved, loved our visit yesterday. Grateful to call you friend!

caitlynrose said...

Sounds like fun... here emergency is 000 - WAY TOO EASY to misdial - I have before, because calls to the States start 00 + ... fun day for you my friend!

Dre said...

What a riot! Wish I was there to enjoy the bonfire. All that multi-tasking has caused me to do the same thing, but no fires yet:)
Look forward to seeing you in July!