For anyone who doesn't know Jenna...she is a sweetheart. She would do anything for anyone if she thought it would make them happy. She's been known to give away her only piece of candy to someone who she thought might want it more than herself. She is also the perpetual optimist. If something happens that she doesn't want, or if she gets an answer to a question that she doesn't like, she finds a way to turn it into a positive. And, she LOVES to make things for people.
Well, a couple of weeks ago, she wrote a letter to her Aunt Robyn's Family and got so excited about it that she ran outside and put it right in the mailbox. Kenzie went after her and asked if she had put an address on it and then Jenna realized that she had forgotten the stamp too. They both came back inside a little flustered and Jenna quickly explained what had happened. I looked at her and could see how disappointed she was and asked her if she was OK. Well, my sweet Jenna looked up at me and with tears starting in her eyes and a forced smile on her face she said "Yes, I'm sad, but I can still be happy because I can still make another one!" My heart almost exploded and I just squeezed her so hard!
We wrote a letter to the mail lady the next day and asked her to return the letter to our box. (Here's Jenna's letter...and I added some explanation to the back)
What a sweet, sweet girl!!
1 comment:
What a sweet girl!
Post a Comment