Our first year we lived in a tiny apartment while we built our house and I realized a few things living up here: 1. Garages are essential (carrying kids and groceries through the snow to our apartment was less than fun) 2. Snow clothes are wonderful! (I never really enjoyed playing in the snow as a child because you got so stinken wet and cold!) 3. I LOVE not ever being too hot! (It never gets hot here...it's so glorious!)
So, now I feel like we're living the dream life. Only 20 minutes from beautiful hiking, camping, and fishing. With the highs in the summer at about 85 and the lows in the winter rarely under 15, I really feel like we're cheating the system and getting the best of all worlds. We literally live in the pines with the squirrels, elks (and skunks...ok, there has to be a down side) wandering through, but have all of the amenities of the city. Now, those from big cities do disagree with that part of it, because Flagstaff is still relatively a small city. But, for me, growing up where you had to drive an hour to go to a movie...this is perfect!
Here's some pictures of us last weekend fishing down in Oak Creek Canyon (halfway to Sedona, about 20 minutes away)
This is a camping trip earlier in the summer to Beaver Creek (near Sedona)
This was a short hike in the peaks we took one afternoon to see the aspens changing colors just after we moved to Flagstaff (about 2 years ago).
And here's a fishing trip one morning with grandma and grandpa at Lake Mary. (Can you tell Aaron likes to fish?)
And this is looking out of our garage. (We have since landscaped and there is another house across the street going up.)
So, yes, we love it here and hope to be able to stay here for a long time. And if anyone wants to come and visit, or is driving through, come see us! We'd love to see you!
3 comments:
We might just have to stop by sometime or become your neighbors! Flagstaff is high on our list for places to look for new jobs when we're done with the military. We'll see where life leads us in the next two years. I can't believe Kenzie is 5! They all grow way too fast. katie
cool! i think i've only driven through flagstaff. you made it sound good though. i didn't know it was expensive to live there.
get with it girl-- i want to see halloween pictures! and there better be some of YOU in there! you better have dressed up! remember when we dressed up together? so fun.
It looks gorgeous there! I've only driven through one time, but I remember thinking: "Are we still in Arizona?" Your kids are getting so big!
Post a Comment