So, I'm all about dressing my girls up in cutsie girlie outfits, so I kept asking Kenzie and Jenna if they wanted to be things like raggedy ann or strawberry shortcake. Well, about two months ago, Kenzie started asking me for a dog costume. I thought, well, she'll probably change her mind...they usually do. But, three weeks ago, when she still wanted to be a dog, I conceded and made her the dog costume (aparently they don't sell dog costumes bigger than 12 months). Then Jenna decided to be a bear...and that was easy, it was about the same costume! It worked out really well because we borrowed a costume for Caleb and he was our little stinker...yes, a skunk. And I have to say my favorite thing was watching him crawl around! These are some pictures a girl in our ward took of him...so darn cute!
Here's carving pumpkins. Aaron's family has the traditional spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and pumpkin carving every year. And yes, that's chocolate on Jenna's mouth. Aaron's family also has a way of always having "magic pumpkins"...they grow candy in the center with the seeds. They tell the kids all you have to do is plant the seeds each year with candy next to them and they turn into magic pumpkins. So, this year was no different, we started cutting tops off, reminded the kids that we forgot newspaper to put under them, they went to get the newspaper, came back to their pumpkins, pulled the tops off, and sure enough, they were magic! So me, being the bright mommy that I am, started a new pumpkin with Jenna, after the initial find with all of the kids (including Jenna), and forgot to make it "magic"! Jenna was so disappointed she started crying! So, I had to do some quick bippity-boppity-boo and make that pumpkin magic. Luckily, she's only three and she was very happy with that...whew!
This is the kids when we made them pose before going trick or treating...they really just wanted to go get candy. We went to about 5 houses before they were very done. I was really ok with that.
And this is one of my favorite parts of halloween...the doughnuts. There's a family that's close friends with Aaron's family that makes doughnuts for every halloween. They are divine!
And yes, actually Aaron and I did dress up this year, but forgot to take pictures of us. I didn't, however get around to making new costumes. We were the Flinstones again...minus our Pebbles from previous years. Those girls sure just wanted to be a dog and a bear!
6 comments:
Cute little animals! By next year Bree will probably be able to pick her own costume; hopefully it's something cute and doable!
Very cute! I love the pic of your little stinker crawling around--so skunk-like. ADORABLE!!
cute! i'm so proud of you for making those two costumes. look at you! and okay-- i can see forgetting to take pics of yourselves, but problem solved: just post last years pictures of you.
very cute, we miss you guys.
OH MY! You MADE those?! YOU ROCK woman! Love seeing your gorgeous family and having an idea of what you guys are up to! My love to Aaron and the fam!
Just curiuos, what is the name of the girl that took the pictures? My sister-in-law Taffee, lives up there and she takes some great pics! Just wondering!
Post a Comment