Someone asked me on Valentines Day if I was going to go out with my "sweetie" and the question kind of caught me off guard...I hadn't really considered the idea. Aaron and I do go on dates...whenever we get the chance, but we've kind of made it a tradition NOT to celebrate Valentines Day in the traditional way. (Actually, I really don't like fighting the crowds and I'd really rather have flowers or candy the day after when it's cheaper...how unromantic, huh?) In other words...it's all for the kids. And we have a great time!
We started out the day with pink heart pancakes. By the way, if anyone wants to know, the pink food coloring doesn't do much for the flavor of pancakes...but it sure puts smiles on kids faces!
For lunch we cut the girls' sandwiches into heart shapes and for dinner we had...yes, heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. It's amazing how changing the shape of your food can add so much appeal!
Happy Valentines Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment