Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Some of my favorite things...

My kids have the special talent of bringing out heightened emotion in me.  Seriously, a lot of times it's either laugh or cry...I'd rather laugh.  Here's some of the recent things that have made me laugh:

In church on Sunday, Caleb decided to read his scriptures...so cute.  He was walking down the hall to the bathroom, holding his scriptures open and loudly saying "And it came to pass...my father said!".  That was a proud mom moment...then he decided he needed to read them in Sacrament meeting, also very loudly...and that was when I couldn't stop laughing!

Aaron's mom has a whole box full of hand puppets, so when we were there the other day, Jenna decided to put on a puppet show for me.  Here was the dialog "I'm the Queen and I'm the King and we love to kiss!  We just kiss and kiss and can't stop kissing!"  "I'm the Princess and I'm the Prince and we love each other so we're getting married (followed by a lovely song about getting married)"  I laughed silently and clapped out loud.  I hope this obsession ends by the time she's a teenager or we're in trouble!  She also tells me regularly how gross it is that people fall in love, so who knows!

Both Kenzie and Jenna have a flare for the dramatic.  Whether it's a devastatingly, life crushing event, like their favorite outfit being dirty, or Caleb wanting to play with them, or just in their everyday play, I probably get too much of a kick out of it.  My favorite is listening to the accents during their role play.  I don't think either one knows what an accent is, but they've got them down!  Particularly the "dahling" ponies.

You  know on Dumb and Dumber when they say "you want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?" and then he makes kind of a siren noise that is louder than life?  That is the sound that Adalyn makes when she's talking!  So, I spend a lot of time in church in the hallways.  She's so stinkin' cute when she does it, but couldn't it be a cuter noise?

No comments: