Friday, March 25, 2011

And the winner is...Life (cereal, that is)!

So, if there's anyone out there who wants to hire me for my amazing home building skills...I only hire out to kids under 8.
Seriously, I have to say that this was one of the funnest projects that the kids and I have ever done.  We have been saving our cereal boxes for about 3 years now and the kids were ecstatic that we were finally going to build the house!  And it only took about 50 sticks of hot glue!  The kids helped with about the first 2 layers and then immediately wanted to start "setting up".  They spent the next hour getting everything organized in their little house.  And their favorite part was when Dad pulled out some scraps of carpet to put inside.  Good times!

4 comments:

Judy/Mom said...

Kellianne---that is sooooo fun. I bet the kids truly love it. What a great idea. Aunt Judy

J Fox said...

That is AWESOME... what fun parents!

Mandi said...

Gosh you guys are the cutest family and why is it that we don't live close to you? I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with your house making skills. How in the world did you ever come up with the idea to save cereal boxes for 3 years in order to build a playhouse?! That is probably the most creative thing I have ever heard of! I can't believe the Addie is crawling already! Lizzie is just barely (barely) becoming a proficient sitter at almost 9 months and she can get on her hands and knees and rock, but thats about it. I can say though that she is quite the rolly polly. I can't leave her somewhere and have her be there two seconds later when I turn around. I have to add about Caleb, my goodness! It sounds like we have the same son (except that Thomas still has one year to catch up to Caleb). That is rather creative that Caleb will get on the counter and crack an egg into a pan! I think everyone has to have a crazy child, but for some reason they are the ones that really tug at your heart strings. I call Thomas my job security (24/7). We sure miss you guys!

The Morriss Family said...

Seriously, you are THE COOLEST MOM ever!! Wow!! How fun is that?! You truly are a homemaker!! Is it is insulated with milk cartons? I sure miss you!